Tales of Hoffmann

from norwich to mysore....

Monday, June 05, 2006

Practice, teachers and other thoughts...


1st Rule of Fight Club is... Don't talk about Fight Club.. So I wont go into too much detail about my pracice this morning other than it was very hot and it was very special being in the room again doing self practice, Sharath told me off for being early! and i practised next to Mary Jo who is a very very bendy lady and can do all sorts of weird stuff (ie the 3 and 4th Series Advanced A and B).. In fact there are so many bendy people in the Shala its kind of pointless trying to assess how ones own practice slots in. I just did it this morning and it was ok.... Sharath helped me in backbends and because of my stiff lower back thing, I didn't make much of a dent in my mat!

Had a coconut with Nick, a guy I have seen around in London a lot, at Hamish's Hand at Guruji tour... i feel homesick today as well as a bit sick in my tummy (don't worry mum I am ok!) I guess its just acclimatising, although I've been careful about what I've been eating its probably inevitable to get something... anyway I don't feel too bad after a bit of a 'flush through'...

Really missing the kids and friends (hello everyone! Andrea email me!) and spoke to Charlie and jordan last night... Hope I can do that everyday.

Still nothing coming on the flat front but will try again today, going round Shiva's and there is a guy here who told me about an apartment coming free today.

Just thinking a bit last night and this morning about teachers. John Scott was my first proper teacher (see pic of me and him in Penzance last year a bit cheesy right?) and he has been an inspiration to countless other's I'm sure. He and Lucy are so encouraging and I feel finally being here is like a realisation of a dream, the seed of which was planted by those two! John is now in New Zealand, bloody hell that's even further than india! Hope he comes back to UK for at least a workshop visit.

Anyway, now being taught by Guruji and Sharath...

Today I am going to take it easy and work at the apartment or at the internet cafe I must finish this section I'm doing, which is looking at Dance Science and the concept of Dancer as Athlete... hmmm

Nori, my housemate is 32 today and he is off to celebrate at the Southern STar for breakfast, i'm going to Shakti again... Wish I could do links on this as I could put up all the places I'm going to..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home