Samasthiti!
Did not sleep a wink.. Went to bed at 10pm tossed turned fidgeted listened to the family downstairs for what seemed like hours.. eventually around 3am dozed only to get up again at 4!! Yes, on my mat at 5am.. Those of you who know me well will know how much of an anomaly that is! Something really great about walking to practice at that time all quiet and calm.. Got to the Shala and it was like nightclubbing days all over again! Loads of people milling around a closed door, waiting expectantly. Met E from London, superbly beautiful 3 or 4th series practitioner at Hamish's, her first time here too, also a few other people I ran into yesterday. Mysore is one big social whirl...
On my mat at the front (not by choice!) A comforting hand in the small of my back and its Guruji making his way to the platform.. The chant and we are off. Led practice in Mysore, like doing Ashtanga sped up a hundred times.... a million miles away from the cold and reluctant stiff body of England.. Fast fast fast and soon at the 'jump through lie down take rest' bit. Only its short lived, 'take rest at home now' and we all get up again! Second series group coming in fast on our heels. I feel really great tho' practice good, my back is still playing up, the facet joints at L5 are very moveable and the amount of noise my spine makes is like one of those wooden zylophones! Stiff in Urdva Danurasana (backbend)... I didn't push it... there is no point.. I feel pretty light and floaty for most of the practice but around the navasana point feel my energy drop slightly. Uth Pluthii (lifting off the floor with legs in lotus) not possible today.... ah well. The energy in the room is fantastic, so many friends and students have described it to me but now i actually feel it....
So back at the apartment blogging going to shower and meet some people to have breakfast at Shakti House formerly Chandra House formely Kev Inn... A lovely way to start Sunday and then I must return to do some WORK.. Am hoping to get a draft of my chapter out this week. If I can do 1000 words today and tomorrow I shoudl be on course. Did some reading yesterday and at least here at the house I have broadband and can surf for references...
Will see Shiva today about finding a place on my own I think I would be better off doing that, but all in good time
Picture will follow later.....
Tune of the day
Courted a Sailor - Kate Rusby... such a great voice.. from the Little Lights album....

2 Comments:
Hey Reena!
yes hot water is a bind there isn't much as its solar powered and we are not getting that much sun! anyway not a big deal but I think I will be better off on my own, I need my space!
had a good day today great practice amazing to be on my mat at 5am and not feeling cranky!
met some nice people and have had a good rest so am planning to do some work tonight!
loads of love to you
absxxx
Andrea email me i want to chat and i dont' have you email address on my file!
how are they boys? charlie will be ringing up soon to play with Fila! i am homesick for him and jordy today its 5 am now and Im getting up to practice. Read about the ARt Car Boot before i left it looked mad. how was Hay and Darren Shan? I had to shlep Charlie to Cambridge to see him sign books! Love you loads and miss you !!!! xxxxxx
Post a Comment
<< Home