Saturday in Mysore

Today began with the sound of a brass band. In my ear! It was coming from the school just across the way from the apartment. It wasn't that bad, in fact even quite nice, it was just I was asleep quite deeply - recovering from the arduous journey... Anyway, i got up and hung around for a few hours before Les came to get me. We had breakfast at Tina's, a lovely 'home' cooking experience again - I had eggs and millet toast mm mmm and then went off on the scooter to do various errands before ending up at the ubiqutious Southern Star hotel, for a little bit of r and r by the pool (see picture)... Saw Denise from Astangayogalondon and Sarah who is my friend Dina's best mate in London. Dina's site is www.dynamicflowyoga.com if you want to know more about her. I can't do text links in Safari (if anyone is reading who knows how to, please email!)
As there is no practice today, it has been a day to do errands and rest - It's been a good day, I have felt more 'at home' here and have decided to try and fix up my own apartment as i think being a bit more private is better for me.. The place here is nice and close to the shala but a bit noisy so will hunt around tomorrow. Shiva up the road from the Shala is the local 'fixer' and he will be sure to sort one out.. Les' s place in Lakshimipurum is really nice (and cheap!) and I'm almost tempted to move there as the neighbourhood is nice and I can theoreticlaly get a rickshaw in the mornings for practice, takes about 12 mins
Mysore seemed less mad today and I felt as if I was facing my fears by riding on the scooter with les and not feeling nervous or anything, just letting it all unfold... I like the feeling of not 'having' to do anything and i'm sure a month of this will really be good for me. But of course I have to get a chapter done, so its down to work tomorrow
Will see, tomorrow might be different... I miss the kids and am planning to Skype 'em tomorrow!
Ate another great buffet dinner at Anu's and am planning an early night as I have to get up at 4.30 am tomorrow (didn't bring a torch of course but I think I can make the way out tomorrow morning just hope there are no snakes or other dubious creatures lurking...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home