Guru's: Do we need them?

Brick Lane. London. A freezing cold morning and as I walk up from Aldgate tube station, I spy another yogini, mat bag over shoulder and bottle of water in her hand.... So a trail of similarly dressed folk are making their way to pay homage to SKPJ (Shr K Pattabhi Jois) and family. He's 90 years old, but with a twinkle in his eye and a spring in his step, surely more youthful than the average 50 year old in the West... "samasthithi!", the familiar word that brings everyone to their feet and standing to attention. He calls the chant, starting with the longest, loudest Om and we are off.... its fast, but not that fast... As usual, no adjustments for me (3 years in a row!) and the practice is hot, sweaty and full of energy! I meet loads of friends and see lots of people who over the years have taught me, and also there's a few people who I've taught so its a real meeting of the Yoga community.. I need to go to Mysore.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home