A Yogi has landed....

so I'm here... It's been a looooong day, after boarding at Heathrow (and getting upgraded to World class Traveller, Whahey!) I touched down in Banglalore about 4.50 am.... The flight was ok, but turbulence meant I got a bit anxious and despite my fellow traveller next to me teling me to imagine 'being on the waves' and 'finding my happy place' (yeah ok, he was American!) I just couldn't stop the jitters!
Bangalore-Mysore via Deluxe Bus, which basically meant I got to stretch out a bit, but my fitful sleep was interrupted on a fairly regular basis by the honking of horn.. Yes, India. Horn Please. I had forgotten how noisy it is here, how full of colour and fury and how nothing ever stops.. People move in and around the streets, animals contentendly munch plastic bags and here and there are narrowly missed by honking, speeding Tuk Tuk taxi's or more the more stately Ambassador.
Mysore. It's raining! Well it was. Now dried out but still a bit damp... As I arrived I began to feel as if I Stood out. When I've been in Goa and Kerala, Westerners are everywhere, here, its not like that at all. Just a town, a city, going about its own business and I felt like I had no business being here.. Les rocked up eventually his stupid grin and curly hair a welcome sight. Funny to think the last time we were in India together we were a couple, but things have moved on and I'm happy to see him as a friend. He knows his way around and takes me back to my apartment and to meet my new housemate Nori.. All is good and I'm settling in here despite feeling a tad anxious and getting that 'oh fuck what have I done' feeling... Sped around with Les on his scooter and couldn't help but feel and see my life flash before my eyes, in fact several of my lives....
But that's Mysore, dirty, crowded, smelly, insanely busy honking shouting and I love it!
I registered with guruji at the shala, nervous being there in his office but he gave me lovely smiles (as he took my 26,900) rupes!) and I met Mary Jo Mulligan who is good friends with my friend Alan... so its a small world alright..
Later I braved torrential rain to walk or rather slip slop up the street to Anu's a local lady who makes the most delicious food and serves it on her balcony upstairs. 100 rupees including a lovely ginger and lemon tea.. I'm now back at the apartment. Slightly scared to go to bed in case I wake up in the middle of the night and don't know where I am....
apartment has internet connection a lovely living room but NO BLOODY HOT WATER! well it is solar powered and we are in the middle of monsoon.... arghgggh anyway bad enough I have no toilet paper (left hand and sloshing) but I NEED a shower before practice...
First one is 5am on Sunday, oh well better get ready got the sound of "ekum one"
Ax

2 Comments:
Glad all is great and you're enjoying yourself and have new friends, say hello to Mary Jo, it is a small world :)
Reena... I just did get upgradd but dress nice and smile and I'm sure you will too!!! house is ok BUT NO HOT WATER!!! can you email amanda? I've emailed and it keeps bouncing.. I have checked your blog will be posting comments on it toooooooo say hi to alan... email me again so I have your email on my computer
love mexxxx
Post a Comment
<< Home