Tales of Hoffmann

from norwich to mysore....

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Mysore Bound

So it's happening.. I've written my letter, booked Green Hotel and Shakti wotsit (used to be Holly and Tony's) I'm slowly getting myself together and am going to Mysore.. (only for a month) Leaving June 2nd....

It's been a long-standing dream but because of kids, work, no money etc etc it hasn't become a reality. In fact, weirdly enough, I remember at the start of all this Yoga nonsense saying that (a) I didn't want to be an Astanga teacher and(b) I would never go to Mysore because I'd be worried about getting injured! I've longed to go and seen several students and ex-boyfriends and various other friends go and have been wondering and worrying and now finally....

So 4 years later here I am, 42, two kids, remortgaged up to the hilt and finally making that pilgramage to the centre of Yoga. I feel so excited but also nervous and like, 'can I really do this?' will the kids hate me for being away a whole four weeks? Well Jordan is 18 and Charlie is 9 and has his dad to look after him for a whole month so maybe I shouldn't get too upset about it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home