The final countdown....

Four weeks.. I've given notice on the place I teach at, promised my student's "I'll be back" booked my ticket and (am still waiting) for my new passport to arrive. As always I've miscalculated and left everything too late but I have faith it will arrive, on time...
I'm up against it at the moment. My first chapter of phd, literature review, is due in end of June. This means all of may (ie now) is spent drafting it (and getting hold of references) and then all of June (ie when I'm in Mysore) will be reworking and inputting corrections. Thank god for the internet. I can log on to Athens while in Mysore and I have a trusty G4 powerbook to input all my stuff... With the prospect of 4 weeks on my own in front of me I feel positive I can turn this around and get it done. Right now I've also got marking to do, as part of my 'studentship' (I got fully funded to write this phd on yoga and dance) I have to also do a bit of teaching and second and first marking. I got my first batch of essays's today, daunting to think I have to determine their ultimate mark. Even weirder thinking back to when I was a student at XY university (where I'm now based) and finding that particular essay assignment really difficult (think I got a low 2.2!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home