A slippery slope

Give peas a chance, please Paulie....;-)
Monday came and went, early practice which after the rolfing session on Sunday felt really good although a small outbreak of 'mat war' did put me in a slightly cranky mood..Discovered the best spot for led class is along the back row with all the girls, being sandwiched between two guys with no sense of spatial awareness was just not fun.
Waking early is getting a lot easier, mainly because I go to bed so early! The day passed in a haze of heat, eating and chatting... It's so easy to get distracted here, I must say. I had visions of being really focussed after practice, but after practice is breakfast and invariably breakfast can be a long and social affair. The weather is really hot and let me tell you its not fun walking around wearing so many clothes, lucky you over there at least in a heatwave you can all strip off or at least wear shorts. Today I am mainly wearing a long-sleeved top and long trousers.. Baking.
Lit review is getting there but I'm still 4000 words shy, so the next 3 weeks are key. Also I have to prepare for a presentation on 4th July, trying very hard to think of a snappy title. None is coming.
All the other students are filling their days with cooking classes and philosophy classes and I really want to as well but I fear my brain is already overloaded with my phd.. however I'm going to sign up for a pranayama course as I feel that's one area I would really like to explore more... I do have a cooking class tomorrow at Shaila's we get to make a South Indian Thali - and then eat it! Can't wait...
Practice today was hard, I was next to the world's bendiest man, doing some crazy backbends while I lumped around next to him with all the grace of a pit pony lumbering up a hill... my body really ached and I felt old and decrepitious (is that a word?) Bone ache...
Spent some time on lit review today and will be back in a while to write my conclusion, it's a section on dance science so its all quite hard stuff to assimilate as its not my area. The next two are easier...yoga and somatics
My ipod died yesterday, I can't tell you the agony of living without it but attachment attachment I have to let it go let it swim upstream to the great ipod graveyard... Oh well
Lastly, the slippery slope of which I speak. Mysore Crack.. It starts off innocently enough, the odd sweet cup of chai here, a mango lassi there. I've been turning down indian sweets as they are just too sweet, and I certainly don't go for the hardcore Jaggery stuff BUT, yesterday I was offere and accepted a delicious sweet made out of jaggery and peanuts. mm mmm I've been told about this stuff they call Msyore Crack, which is in fact Mysore Pak, its a very very very sweeet concoction, kind of bright yellow in colour... I dont' want to become a crack-head but it kind of feel inevitable.
Apparently sugar is good for practice.
Namaste from Mysore

2 Comments:
Andrea. No idea why sugar (and Ghee)are good, one of those things. Perhaps another yogi/ini can enlighten us? My literature review is for my phd. I'm struggling to work, too much to do here. Feeling homesick today.. And lazy as I did not go in today.. hope you are well. Thanks Caz and Celia for your comments! be well everyone!
xxxx
hey pumble and purdy/ian! Great to hear from you see your wordage.. Will blog later but just to say update on back, better.. did full practice today for first time that had a semblence of normality (for me) feeling good feeling fine.. but can't wait to see kids.:)
back soon!
xxxx
Post a Comment
<< Home