Goat!

In India you must get used to sharing your space with animals, largely the Cow, but here and there pigs and, delightfully, Goats... As I am born under the astrological sign of the Goat, I feel a special affinity with these sure-footed but silly-faced creatures.. "Capricorn, symbolized by the Goat, is a Cardinal Earth sign. Like the goat, Capricorns want to climb to the top of the mountain. Ruled by Saturn, they are ambitious, determined, persistent and willing to do the hard work necessary to achieve their goals. Career is important. Underlying their determination to succeed is a desire for recognition, status, and prestige. Capricorns are responsible, conscientious, efficient, organized. They can be domineering, bossy and unforgiving of those who are not as diligent as they are. Consistent with their Earth energy, they are practical, sensible, down-to-earth, dependable and conservative. Capricorn is also cautious and somewhat inhibited". Hmmm, I think that's kind of me, who can tell?
Look here for silly movie of 'fainting goats' (this entry is for you Beth!)
Day 8 I think, in the Big Brother yoga house. (although Blogger seems to be doing something odd with my dating system, I have posted everyday but somehow it looks like I left one out, oh well) Practice was hard again today, led class with Sharath and I think I prefer a faster pace (ie Guruji's count for downward dog, "12345!" really quickly and then jump forward!) Anyway, back really sore and stiff, could have had something to do with trying to do some leg-behind the head stuff last night at flat (doh! note to self, not a good idea!)..... Hobbled out and went straight back to take an anti-inflamatory pill and rub nurofen gel on the offending part. Work is going slowly but chugging through the literature review, about half way there now.. Should be able to get a draft together by next week, please God... Went to Three Sisters last night, they are hilarious! Harina, Akka and Shushikala (sp) they've been famous for ages in Mysore-lore land. They do cooking classes, massages everything the yoga student wants but they are really lovely and I've booked a massage with Harina for next week. Ken the Rolfer is coming today so hopefully we can set up the Rolfing sessions too... Here's a little definition of Rolfing..
"a massage technique developed by Swiss-born Dr. Ida Rolf that involves deep fascia and muscle manipulation and education about body position. The purpose is to help the recipient establish deep structural relationships within the body that manifest via a symmetry and balanced function when the body is in an upright position. Also known as structural integration". It is part of the Somatic's group of disciplines which ismy next topic for lit review, so good to have first hand experience of it...
At Anu's (again) downloading some stuff for my writing and feeling a bit homesick today, oh well only another 21 days until reunited with my son.. Here is a picture of him, Charlie Louis Thomas Satchell (the Louis bit is for Louis Armstrong whose nickname as we all know was "Satchmo, Satchellmouth

1 Comments:
Andrea we are opposites on Zodiac, hence we get on so well :)
thanks for BB update, strangely enuff dont' miss that much but keen to know their doings. Mark have emailed but yes, will post a sinous dancer or a palace soon, or both? Reena ya, surviving. Just. Keep me updated on your plans, when do you arrive and do you want my flat? I can make it nice for you :) plenty hot water as well.... its good.. nice little walk to shala loads of love to you all dr d.x
Post a Comment
<< Home