Tales of Hoffmann

from norwich to mysore....

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mysore people


Are nice people here is me with Mexican Moises earlier today at Anu's



so many nice people here, from all over the world. It's a true international community. There's Peter and Rosie from London (Rosie I met last year in Penzance wtih John) who are so nice and relaxed and friendly...and Matrika/Jennifer from Wisconsin who despite looking very sweet and demure has a wicked sense of humour very dry..

Mary Jo from Santa Fe who is very grounded, been here a lot, advanced yogi and just has a great energy about her, Moises from Mexico who is very funny and knows a lot about Macs. Krista from Miami who has the most amazing cat-like eyes and Nick also from London. who is a great guy really open and friendly.., musnt' miss out also David from Galway. excellent company all... Oh yeah and Veronica from Hawaii, she stayed in my flat last month and gave it the thumbs up!

... Every one is very friendly and very open but the opening gambit when you meet someone new is a kind of well-worn script. Where are you from, how long have you been in Mysore how long are you staying? How was your practice, where do you practice who is your teacher are you a teacher? I think it would be good, and useful to get a t-shirt done with all the relevant info on... Long time people I think dont' tend to bother with us temporary types, the yoga tourists!

Practice wise, well day 4 was better. I nearly didn't go, my back was so bad yesterday I wondered if it would be a good thing but i forced myself to get up and as I'm practising at 6.30 viewed the extra 15 mins I stayed in bed as a good lie in... Actually, it was suprisingly good... Got very warm quickly and decided the only way to go is quick... Managed to do something i haven't before, jumped back from Marchy B on the right side only, just managed to lift up and swing it back... didn't do it on the other side... Oh well...


Got Saraswati in Supta Kurmasana and drop backs and everything was ok today. My back is still clunking away, when I lie on my back on the floor, bring my knees to my chest and do a supine twist it makes the most alarming noises.. It feels very stiff in the lumbar but the clicking clunking suggests something is actually loose in there. Mary Jo said something was 'out' but when will it pop 'in'.... got a massage on Saturday with Kumar, he runs an ayurvedic massage course which Rosie, Peter Nick and David are all on and they speak highly of him.. Excellent breakfast again at shakti's had pancakes fruit salad and a mountain of coffee... have also done some work, nearly finished one section of review and reading and making notes for the next...

Emails flying in from best girlfriends and really glad of them! so nice to hear all your news gals and hope to bring you back some nice mysore trinkets.... home seems like a million miles away but really miss it and again the kids, although its only a few weeks in reality and im sure they are having a blast without me...

Fake Tales of San Francisco is on my ipod today.. I like the Artic Monkeys, they remind me of the bands I used to like in me youth, like the Delta 5, Mekons, all the indie Rough Trade bands of the late 70s early 80s.. Ah nostalgia...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home