108 - the magic number

Me and Paul... photo by Laurence Claxton.....
108 - the number of prayer beads on a mala, the number of the sacred texts - Upanishads, I think... the number of miles from my old house in Muswell Hill to where I live now, Norwich (yes, really)
I moved here three years ago - why? Dunno, tired of London tired of life... needed a house and needed to experiment with life.. an MA at UEA - new life etc....
I now run a yoga centre, small but perfectly formed and have made many lovely new friends and settled here. Norwich is great and having the opportunity of getting to the beach or the country side is just amazing...
Ashtanga yoga... I've been practicing since 1997. First took up this sweaty, exhilarating, demanding but amazing practice with Nigel Jones I went to classes sporadically until around 2000 when I got more and more into the rigours of it... I started teaching (accidentally) in 2002 and now teach about 6 classes a week... Am also finishing training at The Life Centre
I trained as a dancer originally at Middlesex University where I'm currently registered as a Phd student my research is (provisionally) entitled ....The Embodied Dancer; Hatha yoga and other somatic practices, their application and effect within dance training and education. Pah.. Dr Disco will write more about this and other things ...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home