Tales of Hoffmann

from norwich to mysore....

Friday, June 23, 2006

Back row Skiver



Well I tried, Got a great spot on the 'back row - ie the marble bit in the shala where you can safely jump through (if you are a straight-leg jumper) and not hit your fellow yogi in the arse/heels... But then Sharath started pointing at someone and saying "you, come, you" after a while I realised he meant me and gathered my stuff up and went 'up front' Next to D, which was nice. Sadly my euphoria was short-lived as it now mean't Sharath could 'see me' which wasn't what I wanted this morning - I wanted to just fade away and do my lazy-girl practice.. I felt all heavy and kapha-esque, (one of the three dosha's) But in hindsight, maybe I felt Kafka-esque... like a Giant Cockroach, beetling around my mat in a very strange way.... Anyway, by Uth Pluthi (lift up legs in lotus) I was shagged and didn't even try.. ("up, stay up, look forward" 9 1/2!) Anyway, glad to get the hell out and now have 2 days off (yoga anyway) oh heaven for my poor tired body.... I have loads to do and will not be doing the Anatomy Workshop as planned.. instead will be licking my chapter into shape helped by a visit to the Southern Star for Chocolate mousse cake, if necessary
Am missing my friends, if you are all reading, Kelda, Mark, Caz, Emmie, Becky, Caroline, Jude/Gobi(my little sister), Andrea HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS LEMON! Ian, Purdy, Paola, Celia thanks so much for all your emails wishing me well..... all the students, can't wait to see you all, kids, Mr Stupided.. Hope everyone is happy and well....

Hope my fellow bloggers/yogi's are also ok, Matrika, Bekasanahh, CK, Ashtangayogini - Great gals all...

Thanks to CK I now have two words of Kannada....the local dialect
Sulpa (little)
Doomi (fat lady)

picture of me ouside old shala in Laksmipurum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home