Just another Oily Tuesday...
Today I took oil bath, or to be more precise, 2 of the 3 sisters applied said Caster oil by dint of foot massage and vigorous rubbing. Oil bath is reccomended by Guruji to all astanga students, Caster oil is a wonderful balm that somehow makes us more bendy and rubbery. I will report its efficacy in future blog's, right now I just feel slippery and tired... I also combined this oiling with a Rolfing this morning, preceeded by a practice so I 'm really fit for nothing at this moment... Rolfing was good, 6 of 7 sessions and I think my body is really opening up, well it must be as Sharath gave me Pasasana today (1st pose of the Second series of Astanga) It's no biggie, he'll see that my heels don't get to the ground and laugh! Anyway, its nice to know that my month in mysore has yielded a bit of fruit, opening body and mind...
It's really time for me to go home however, Im missing the kids, missing my StupidEd and just eager to put into practice all I've learned here. I've had a fab time - but the combination of rainy season and the aforementioned missing is all adding up to one thing. There's no place like home! So roll on Sat when I head out of here to Banglalore and then to Heathrow.. Meanwhile, I'll blog the next few days and practice news...
Dr D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home