de-brief
So I'm fully back... Heathrow - Norwich - North London - Norwich.... Had to give a presentation on my Phd findings so far at ccollege and I must say the staff only glazed over a bit when I started up my powerpoint demo of my literature review.. I realised I'd done it all wrong, they just wanted an outline of the area I was researching not the actual findings. Doh!
I went to practice at Hamish's and it just felt normal to be up at 5.30 and going to the Shala - except I had to get on a tube train to get there instead of walking down the Shala road.. Practice was good - I was allowed to do my one second series pose! and hot as V points out here and we had a lovely catch-up coffee afterward, at the Brit equivilant of Coffee Day...
I'm reading everyone's blogs even more avidly than before, missing the Mysore magic even though, as you probably remember dear readers, I was going a bit stir crazy to get out of there!
I've had a chance to think, process and evaluate my experience. All I can say is that I wouldn't have missed it for the world, meeting amazing people - experiencing Indian culture with all its problematic bits and confusion.. Learning to be quiet and restful in the long periods of solitute and writing.... Loving the hot, sweaty practice time and the amazing bodywork (thanks Ken!) Realising my connections here are strong but that the possibility to travel and see the world is not out of the question, I feel inspired by the example of others who bring children to mysore and who follow their yoga path. I do not want to ever be part of the 9-5 or pursue a 'career' in that way so i am very fortunate and blessed to have my work/studies to enable me to spread the message of yoga...
Without sounding preachy....
Missing the shopping, CK sounds like you are doing enough on my behalf!
Went out last night to Wagamama - a Japanese-type restaurant here which served up food quickly and had great service but somehow lacked a certain something... maybe chapatti and dahl?
Mysore behind me now and the next stage about to begin, teaching workshops, classes and a holiday in formentera in September
I dont think I will be blogging any more, who wants to read about whether I did or didn't practice?
So goodbye for now

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home